Excerpted from "Does This Blogsite Make My Wallet Look Fat?"
Google provides a free statistics analyzer that tracks all of your referrals, ads, search engines and visitor information. Great news, right?
Yes, there’s a plugin for this, too, and it’s an easy peasy way to get Google Analytics working on your blogsite. Yeah!
It’s called “Ultimate GA” or “Ultimate Google Analytics.” To install and use this plugin, follow the steps below:
- Create an account on www.google.com/analytics.
- Install the Ultimate Google Analytics plugin by using the instructions in chapter 7 and searching for “Ultimate Google Analytics.”
- In your WordPress account, go to “Settings” and choose “Ultimate GA.” Enter your Google Analytics account ID in the “Account ID” field (the ID will begin with “UA”, followed by a 6 numbers and then one more number, such as UA-999999-9).
- Feel free to play with the rest of the settings or just leave them as is.
- Surf your blogsite for a few minutes, making sure to click a couple of links.
- Log into to your account at Google Analytics and check out your stats! Be sure to log in often to see how your blogsite is doing!
Did you like this tip? It came right from my book "Does This Blogsite Make My Wallet Look Fat?"